This is the English version of my site. It offers various posts from my everyday life, especially technical stuff. It also provides the overview of my (mostly inactive) projects. The Czech version is more complete, the majority of English content has its Czech counterpart. You can switch using appropriate link in the article heading.
For some time, I am using Wunderlist as my to-do task manager (yup, I am surfing on GTD wave now). In some aspects, it is superior to its biggest competitor, Todoist (at least it has notifications for free and cleaner design). One feature I am missing the most is some kind of automatic daily digest sent to my email address every morning (and evening).
Fortunately, they have published their API some time ago. This allows 3rd party application to access and manage the whole content of user's profile.
I wrote simple script which grabs all unfinished tasks via API and sends an email with daily overview. I call it Wudd. I do not offer it as a service (yet?) so everyone has to deploy it on their own machine (See README file).
- 3 sections: Today tasks, unsorted (inbox) tasks without a date, tasks to be finished in 7 days. Generic definition structure allows to add another sections easily.
- Both HTML and plaintext version for people who remember 90's.
- Quick summary in subject.
- Currently it uses Czech locale but it's easy to modify it (few strings only). I18n not supported yet.
- Sends email via local SMTP (authorization & SSL support not supported yet).
Adding a LDAP directory as a contact source for Thunderbird can be quite tricky if you have SSL-only connection and your server is using self-signed certificate. For some reason there is no Add exception dialog appearing during the first connection attempt as we got used to when connecting to a mail server.
Following will help you to to add the exception manually:
- Go to Config editor (aka about:config,
General, press the
- Add new (or edit existing) string key
'network.security.ports.banned.override', set value to
'636'. This will disable port blocking feature for port 636 (visit http://www-archive.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/PortBanning.html for more info).
- Go to
Locationfield, click on
Get certificate, then
Confirm Security Exception.
- Add your LDAP directory to contacts
- Now you can revert the config
'network.security.ports.banned.override' to previous value, it is no longer needed.
Hope that helped